Monday, April 13, 2009

To Buy or Not to Buy

So my absolute favorite thing that my hubby and I registered for was a bedding set at Bloomingdale's and we didn't get a single piece of it. We registered for really expensive bedding by DKNY called Pure Comfort, which is made of 100% organic cotton and feels like silk. We liked it in "cloud" which is mainly white with a few cream pieces, such as the sheets, pillow cases and quilt. The collection includes:

-white duvet
-white blanket
-cream quilt
-2 king pillow cases (tiny cream and white stripes)
-king sheet (tiny cream and white stripes)
-2 white cotton Euro shams
-2 white quilt Euro shams
-2 cream cotton king size shams
-white bedskirt
-1 white decorative pillow
Here is a pic (I also included a pic in a different color so that you can see the texture better):

The original price for everything is approximatley $2,140. Craziness. So, everything is now on sale. Plus, we got a friends and family offer to get an additional 20% off AND and extra 15% if we open a Bloomingdale's card. I also have a gift certificate for the store so in the end everything would cost about $925. Plus I could take a few things away and make it $700.
I know this is still REALLY expensive. But I think the set is so versatile. Since the main pieces are white, we would only have to change the quilt and sheet colors and have a totally different look. I keep thinking that we could use some wedding money on it and just pretend it was a gift...I dunno...I'll have to sleep on it. I think the price is still over-the-top but then again it is really good quality, which will last for a long time. Decisions, decisions...what to you think?
Maybe by tomorrow morning I will have changed my mind completely and not even give it a second thought.

1 comment:

  1. I struggled with the same thing with all our gifts...it's always kind of random what you end up getting. Like this is my dilemma: we got our expensive set of sheets we wanted, but also only 2 sets of china...do I return the sheets to get a few more place settings of china?? of just return the china and complete the bedding?? lol decisions decisions...

    ReplyDelete