Tuesday, April 28, 2009

House Style

Now that we are buying a home, I am really excited to start thinking about renovating and buying furniture. This house was built in 1983 and definatley needs some renovations and updates. Unfortunately, we are putting almost everything we own into the down payment so these things will take time. My dream is to have a beautiful, welcoming home that feels like a light, bright retreat. I love homes that are mainly white with wood floors. I love a clean feel with some rustic touches. I have great visions for the guest room...white wood floors and an antique looking bed frame with modern and crisp linens. I would love to have a white couch and some sort of old wooden trunk looking coffee table. But I know a white couch is not too practical, especially since we don't have both a formal and family living room.
I love the open feel of this bathroom...this is what I am talking about when I say light and bright:

Coastal Living

I love the rustic look of this table, I also like the chandeliers in both pictures:

Pottery Barn

I love the rustic mirror and table, they add a touch of old to something more modern and crisp (although I am not crazy about this room overall):

Coastal Living

No comments:

Post a Comment