Monday, July 27, 2009

The Big News

Ok, my big news starts with a confession...

I have not been "fit" nor "sexy" lately. Maybe a little "super" due to my wonderful housekeeping lately but thats besides the point. What an a-hole I've been. I haven't been taking care of myself what-so-ever. I feel like I have been letting myself down, my husband down (although he would never admit it) and our marriage down. I keep starting these "diets" for a few days and just giving up on them. I haven't been caring. Our New York trip got cancelled and once again I lost motivation. Why do I have to have a big event to look forward to in order to have motivation? Isn't being healty, fit, active, and confident motivation enough???

I look like crap. I don't even recognize myself in the mirror. I feel lazy, tired, out of shape and gross. I don't want to go out because none of my going-out clothes are looking good on me these days. I have been avoiding intitmacy because I am grossed out with my body and I am scared my husband will be as well. How sad is that? We are newlyweds! It is AMAZING how someone's body and health can change in a matter of months.

I'm starting to get health issues! My hormones are out of whack, my knees are killing me, my posture is getting worse by the minute, my bowels are on strike, my hair is horrible, and I have acne. I am seriously scared to death of staying this way. How horrible to get out of bed each morning feeling more tired than the night before? To choose to be lazy and not live life to the fullest??? To be miserable. What kind of pregnancy will I have if I continue on like this? Will I get colon cancer? Will I miss out on the best years of my life?

Anyway...

I don't want a quick fix. I want a lifestyle change. Today marks Day 1 of the Body for Life Challenge. I have been preaching the BFL program for YEARS! I tried BFL about 6 years ago and found it to be an amazing program. I stuck with it for about 6 weeks and lost a bunch of weight. I got a little lazy and stopped doing it. But the principles I learned from that program have always stayed with me. Whenever someone asks me for fitness advice, I suggest this program. So why haven't I completed it??? ALL 12 WEEKS OF IT??? Speaking from a nutrition standpoint (since I do have a degree in it and all), I think it is a PERFECT program. Also, the workouts have done wonders for me. The program's concepts of exercise (lifting heavy when weight training and HIIT for cardio) have ALWAYS given me results in the past. I think it is time that I "thank" BFL for teaching me how to do these things the right way by showing others that this program really works!

Last night my husband took my "before" photos. I put on my bikini and started to cry. Yes, pathetic. I didn't want to walk out in the BRIGHT light and let him see me like that. I was so mortified. I let him take the dreaded snapshots. I am too embarrassed to post those right now...but as I progress with the program, I will. I definatley looked worse than last year's winner in her "before" pics. By the way, this girl is INCREDIBLE and a wonderful inspiration and role model. Here are some pics:

Check out the BFL website!
Well, today was AWESOME! I woke up at 5:30am and went to the gym to do my upper body workout. I am sore already! I worked a 12 hour shift. My eating was perfect today! I got lots of protein in and lots of veggies. One down, 83 days to go!

6 comments:

  1. What a good goal to set. I understand how easy it is to become "lazy" with your workout. I struggle with that all the time. There is always some excuse. Good luck with this new endeavor, hopefully once all the wedding chaos calms down I will join you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on your new challenge :) I too fell like you..I feel disgusting! I've gained weight, and am eating like a pregnant woman! I'm not even pregnant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perhaps this is your "tipping point", the moment when you say NO MORE. Congrats on making the change. I look forward to watching your journey. Have you thought about posting everyday your eats and exercise as an accountability tool. I have started doing that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in the same boat and can empathize with you 100%. I've been back and forth getting back into shape since our wedding almost 4 years ago. We don't have kids yet and I just want to be a fit and sexy wife too before the kids come so I can have a baseline to work back to after the babies. I've never heard of Body for Life, going to check out their site for sure. Thanks for your post and inspiration. We can do this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck girlie! This program sounds perfect for you because you don't have to be "perfect" 7 days a week. You get a "free" day.

    Check out this girl's blog too. She is a BFL success story and still follows its principles.

    http://mealsandmoves.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for all the support!!!

    ReplyDelete