Saturday, July 31, 2010

Dairy Overkill

I started my Friday with 20 minutes of HIIT on the elliptical machine.


I was at work all day and had to continue eating soft foods. My protein choices were very limited. By the end of the day I was suffering from a dairy overdose.


I let this cereal soak in the milk for a half an hour:
Greek yogurt and fruit:
Cottage cheese with some balsamic glaze and pepper, slice of double protein bread:
Same as 2nd meal but I felt a little wild and added some organic honey:
Once I got home I said to my husband, "If I eat another serving of dairy today I am going to die." I made a yummy salad and scrambled eggs:

I don't know how that big spoonful of cottage cheese ended up on top. =/

2 comments:

  1. Hope you are healing well! Maybe it was dairy overkill, but at least it is all healthy! And, when you are enjoying Greek yogurt, cottage cheese and milk in the next three months, just think of me and how much I would LOVE it, too! Dairy isn't really on the comp dieter's plan, so I'm already missin' my Greek yogurt and cottage cheese. WAAAA!

    Oh, and I will respond to your bee pollen question shortly:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl! I realized you don't have an e-mail address to send questions (neither do I, actually DOH!) so I thought I'd just answer your bee pollen question here.

    I first read about the benefits of bee pollen from the Foods of April blog and then bought the book "The Eat-Clean Diet" by Tosca Reno (♥ her) and she recommends bee pollen, too!

    Bee pollen touts the benefits of:
    *increased energy/libido
    * aids in skin problems, like acne
    *improves blood pressure
    *helps reduce hunger and cravings (good for weight loss)
    *aids in improving symptoms of depression
    *helps normalize cholesterol

    Right now I'm just using The Vitamin Shoppe brand since it's my first time trying it. I did more research and there are things you want to look for, like bee pollen + royal jelly and you only want granules that have been "freeze dried", so I may try another more-potent brand in the future because I'm not sure mine is freeze-dried(?) For now I really love it in my oatmeal and eat it daily.

    It has a bit of a honey taste and the granules melt and it turns my oatmeal yellow HA! It took a little getting used to and the first few times I tried it I didn't ♥ the taste, but now it tastes more and more like honey (but not as sweet).

    I hope this helps! Have a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete