Monday, April 26, 2010

Stormy Night

I started yesterday off right with a little trip to the park before work. I jogged 1 mile in 8:55, walk 1/4 mile, jogged 1/4 in 1:55, walked 1/4 and then jogged 1/4 in 2:02. Not too bad since I haven't ran outdoors in a while and since I wasn't pushing my hardest for speed. I'll take it!

Breakfast: "The Perfect Hard Boiled Egg"

Breakfast consisted of a slice of double protein bread with some almond butter and simply fruit spread and the perfectly cooked egg. What is the perfectly cooked egg? I was sick of green yolks and waiting around wondering how my eggs would trun out. I couldn't sleep at night thinking about it (just kidding). So I use a variation of a method I read about here. Basically I put the eggs in cold water, bring to a boil and as soon as they begin to boil I take them off the heat and cover the pot with a lid. I set the timer for 12 minutes and PERFECTO! A nice, perfect yellow center. I found this method to be great for large eggs. You might want to wait an extra minute if you are using extra large eggs because the whites can end up slimey. If you want to get more technical, I've included this for your reading pleasure. Meal number 2 was created when I mixed the following:
And ended up with this chocolatey goodness. This cocoa mix is 140 calories for 4 Tablespoons, I used less than 1 Tablespoon. Worth it! I also ate 6 egg whites with this meal. It took me an hour to eat this because the whites were filling me up.

Meal 3: Chobani + 1/2 banana + 3 small strawberries + a sprinkle of dry oats + a drizzle of honey= heaven.

For meal 4 the hubby and I had some homemade North Woods Bean Soup (from my Cooking Light Soup recipe book) and a salad. I used red wine vinegar as my dressing. When I use vinegar only to dress my salad I like to chop up all the ingredients. I think it makes it more flavorful because everything is blended in each bite. A huge piece of lettuce with nothing but vinegar doesn't sound too appealing to me.
My meal:
Hubby's meal (his soup bowl was the same size as my salad bowl):

I had a small carb fest as my last meal of the day. 1 grapefruit, some almonds, 3 prunes and 1 bite of my husband's Whole Fruits Sorbet. I couldn't help myself. =)

So my husband almost scared me to death by waking me up at 3:19am. I seriously almost had a heart attack. We were having a huge storm that I was peacefully sleeping through. Turns out he wanted me to help him investigate a leak that was coming from the ceiling. We went up to the attack and noticed a leak in the roof where the fire place tube and the roof meet. Thankfully I think that is an area that could be sealed fairly easily.

Today it is still rainy. The plan for now: clean kitchen, do laundry and do an awesome muscle ripping upper body workout. Have a wonderful Monday!

2 comments:

  1. The chocolate oatmeal looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have fallen in love with Chiobani... I can't get myself to eat the plain, but I but the 0 with the fruit on the bottom... 140 calories, no fat, 14 grams of protein... I've been in heaven since I discovered it about 2 months ago! I like the idea of using the plain as sour cream, though... it would work perfectly!

    ReplyDelete