Thursday, April 29, 2010

Plants and Such

First of all, a BIG thank you to all of you that responded to my last post! We really appreciate your feedback! We have made a decision but you'll have to wait to hear about it (I know you are at the edges of your seats, haha).

Well, On Tuesday I had the best. workout. ever.

I did a full upper body weight lifting workout (BFL style) and then went on to do some sumo squats, kettlebell squats and mountain climbers. I wanted to pass out afterwards and I am still feeling the wonderful after effects. Feels so goooooood!

Before I go into food, I must warn you. Caution: You what you are about to see is not a figment of your imagination. You are not having deja vu. I eat a lot of the same stuff guys. Sorry it is so boring and repetitive! But it works!

Here are some of my Tuesday meals:

Post-workout shake:
The usual:
Leftovers:
For dinner I had an amazing meal. I forgot to take a pic. Figures. Just imagine lettuce topped with rice and black beans and shredded chicken and salsa and "sour cream" (Greek yogurt). Yummy!

Wednesday, I took a workout rest day. I needed it! Here are some of my Wednesday meals. Again, go back to the "Caution" statement above.



I also had some shredded chicken after work with some yellow mustard.

On Tuesday we went to a few nurseries to find some plants for this area:
The area doesn't get much sun, so we have to stick with non-flowering plants for the most part. The flowering options we saw were not too impressive. We haven't made a decision yet. We considered putting a cute little bench there but it would be constantly buried in millions of leaves = more work for us.
Here are a few plants we might consider:



These kinda look like sea grapes to me, which are pretty beachy. But these aren't as messy looking.

We'll see. Any thoughts???

Well, I am off to the gym for a lower body workout and some cardio! I am working my usual 12. Have a wonderful day!

3 comments:

  1. I tend to eat a lot of the same stuff too...I found blogging about it though forces me to get more creative and switch things up!

    Hmm we own a condo so I have no idea how to help with your landscaping lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm enjoying all your posts! Love them all! Especially your day to day meals! Love your creative and healthy meals :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Therese, your meals rock. I wish I knew all of your recipes! =)

    Sugar&Spice,
    Thanks so much! Thats so sweet of you to say. I'll try to get even more creative with my meals. This week I am working some extra days so I haven't had too much time for that. Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete