Saturday, August 1, 2009

Yum!

Today went really well. I found myself lacking an appetite all day. In fact, I had to force myself to eat one of my meals. Pigs must be flying.

Well, my last meal of the day was quite a treat. In fact, it felt like a cheat meal. I guess the protein content in it isn't very high (probably about 15 grams total) so I feel a little guilty about it. I wish I had taken a picture before I gobbled it up. With this diet, I haven't had too many carbs besides fruits and veggies...some, but not too many. I'm refering to carbs such as bread, pasta, rice, potatoes. Anyway, my hubby bought Arnold's Grains & More Double Protein Multi-Grain Bread (what a mouthful). It has 7 grams of protein per slice. I toasted it and topped it with almond butter and slices of fresh strawberries. I even had a little milk. It was very yummy.

2 comments:

  1. That sounds really good! I can picture it in my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That bread is fantastic. I'm going to attempt to make my own almond butter tonight. Wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete