Saturday, October 9, 2010

Scary Stuff

I started to decorate for Halloween the other day. When we returned from our vacation we found this branch in our front yard. Our magnolia tree sheds a lot of stuff but usually not something of this magnitude. Fortunately, my hubby came up with the idea of keeping this little twig around and using it to decorate for the holiday. What a genius. This is why I married him.
After some brainstorming, I decided to buy some of these fake crows and a little Spanish moss.
And WHA LA:



This project is not finished. I need to add some color to it. I plan on buying some pumpkins and putting them on the ground and maybe a small one or two on the platform in front of the tree. Any suggestions???

Speaking of SCARY/CREEPY stuff.....
My hubby is pretty anti-shaving while on vacation. Since he has to shave for work everyday it is his chance to be a rebel. Plus I like a little scruff on his face. This vacation was longer than usual so things got a little out of hand:

So a day after we got home, I was taking a nap and he decided to go shave. He crawled into bed with me and LOOK AT WHAT I WOKE UP TO!!!
We definitely had a good laugh over this one. How was this ever so popular??? Maybe he was trying to copy our new Greek friend, the mustache kitty we met while we were there:

I hope you are having a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my.... That 'stache sure is... Something! hahaha!

    I love the birds! Creepy birds are my favorite halloween decoration.

    ReplyDelete